Here are a few easy steps to understanding the Red Moon Rapture prophetic
2. Precisely at the midpoint of the 70th Week the Roman leader will erect an image of the Antichrist in the Holy Place of the rebuilt Jewish Temple. This idol is referred to as the "Abomination of Desolation" by Jesus Christ (Matthew 24:15-21, Mark 13:14-19) and the prophet Daniel (9:27, 11:31). This event divides the seven year period of the 70th Week into two halves of exactly three and a half years each. Each 3.5 year half is referred to throughout scripture as "a time, times, and half a time" (Daniel 7:25, 12:7, Revelation 12:14), "forty-two months" (Revelation 11:2, 13:5), or "1260 days" (Revelation 11:3, 12:6) [The Bible's prophetic year is exactly 360 days long].
3. The book of Revelation contains three sets of judgements: the seven Seal Judgements, the seven Trumpet Judgements, and the seven Bowl Judgements. The Red Moon Rapture model follows a strict sequential interpretation of the three sets of judgements: first the Seals are opened, then the Trumpets are blown and lastly the Bowls are poured out. Other models follow a simultaneous method of interpretation and view the Seals, Trumpets and Bowls as being unleashed at the same time, with a confusing muddle of judgements that become impossible to place in any coherent order. For an article comparing the sequential view to the simultaneous view please go here (upcoming). The Red Moon Rapture model is dependant on the sequential view.
4. The ministry of the Two Witnesses (Revelation 11:3-13) is key to understanding the placement of the Seal, Trumpet and Bowl judgements in relation to the 70th Week. These witnesses minister for 1260 days, and it can be shown beyond a reasonable doubt that this corresponds to the first half of the 70th Week. Their ministry ends precisely at the midpoint of the 70th Week when the Antichrist is given power over the saints (Daniel 7:25, Revelation 13:5-10) and kills the Two Witnesses. For a study on the Two Witnesses and their importance to Revelation's chronology please go here. The Red Moon Rapture model is dependant on the fact that the Two Witnesses are killed at the midpoint of the 70th Week.
5. Revelation 8:13 introduces the "Three Woes," which correspond to the 5th, 6th and 7th Trumpet Judgements. The Two Witnesses are resurrected three and a half days after they are killed at the midpoint of the 70th Week. This is immediately followed by an earthquake that strikes the city of Jerusalem, and then Revelation 11:14 reads, "The second woe has passed..." This shows that the 6th Trumpet Judgement that was unleashed upon the earth comes to an end three and a half days after the midpoint of the 70th Week. The Red Moon Rapture model draws the conclusion that the seven Seals are opened, and the first six Trumpet Judgements are enacted, prior to the midpoint of the 70th Week, and the seventh Seal and seven Bowl Judgements are all enacted in the latter half of the 70th Week.
6. The prophet Joel was the only prophet to predict the sign of the red moon (Joel 2:31). He made it clear that this sign would be seen prior to the earth's final time of trouble known as "The Day of the Lord." The only place in the Bible where the fulfillment of this sign is shown is at the breaking of the Sixth Seal (Revelation 6:12). After the red moon and the associated signs then the earth is struck by a catastrophic Polar Shift. This event is also predicted in Isaiah 2:19-21. From the context of Isaiah 2, as well as from the reaction to the Polar Shift shown in Revelation 6:15-17, it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that "the great and terrible Day of the Lord" begins with the Polar Shift of the Sixth Seal. For an in-depth study on this subject please go here.
7. The Day of the Lord is also referred to as "the great day of God's wrath" in Revelation 6:17. The Apostle Paul makes it clear that the Church will not experience this wrath (1 Thessalonians 5:9). Coincidental with the start of the Day of the Lord there is also a notable transition that takes place among believers in heaven. At the opening of the Fifth Seal the souls of saints are shown existing "under the altar" without white robes. After the Sixth Seal is opened believers are then shown in heaven standing "before the throne and in front of the Lamb" while wearing white robes. The Red Moon Rapture model draws the conclusion that this transition is begun at the time the Fifth Seal martyrs are given white robes. This transition is but one item of evidence for the occurrence of the Rapture of the Church immediately prior to the initial earthquake of the Sixth Seal. The Church is then described in heaven, having been taken "away from" (Gk.) the Great Tribulation, as the Great Multitude of Revelation 7:9-17. There are two Red Moon Rapture articles which deal with this complex issue: The Fifth Seal, and The Great Multitude, as well as a study that offers conclusive evidence for the true identity of the Twenty-Four Elders.
8. The Red Moon Rapture model maintains the position that the Magog invasion of Ezekiel 38-39 must precede the 70th Week of Daniel. The destruction of this invasion is described by God, "I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur..." and He goes on to describe that this judgement includes fire that is directed at Magog and the "coastlands." This astro-physical event is comparable to the judgement of the First Trumpet of hail, fire and blood that is "hurled down upon the earth." Furthermore, the judgements that precede the destruction of the Magog invasion are also similar to the judgements which precede the First Trumpet. The First Trumpet is preceded by an earthquake and a Polar Shift which both occur within the Sixth Seal. The destruction of the Magog invasion is preceded by an earthquake as well as an event that will cause every living thing on the earth to tremble (Polar Shift). The Red Moon Rapture model draws the conclusion that the 70th Week of Daniel will be initiated in the aftermath of the Magog invasion, and therefore will not begin until after the First Trumpet judgement of Revelation 8:7. For an in depth study on this issue, and for more evidence of the Red Moon Rapture position, please go here.
9. The Red Moon Rapture model focuses on the opening of the first four Seals as merely a time when the Four Horsemen are given their powers to affect the earth through conquest, war, famine and death. These powers are not exercised until after the Rapture of the Church. Furthermore, these powers do not represent specific judgements which will fall on the earth in sequence and then dissipate, rather, the Four Horsemen represent God's general judgements which will befall the earth throughout the Tribulation period. The Four Horsemen are unique to all other Apocalyptic judgements in that they represent general, enduring judgements, as opposed to all the other judgements which are specific and limited in duration. In this sense, the opening of the first four Seals does not show the immediate fulfillment of the Four Horsemen's powers, but instead makes an obvious prediction of the use of their powers. Similarly, nowhere within the Fifth Seal are we explicitly shown any persecution of the saints on earth, but it does predict (6:11b) major Christian persecution. The Red Moon Rapture model concludes that the first five Seals are all opened in a matter of moments, and this immediately precedes the Rapture of the Church. Indeed, if the Four Horsemen are to begin executing their powers at the very beginning of the Day of the Lord, then they must to be armed with their powers beforehand. To examine this interpretation more closely please go here.